And you know what? IT WASN'T THERE. I was all "WTF??" about it, because I *knew* I'd taken the photos. So I checked my photos, and sure enough, they were there. I'd taken them at the start of February. TWO THOUSAND AND TEN. Before I moved house. Before Sara arrived in Australia. When I'd had my SLR for about a month. Yeah. How's THAT for organised?! :S
Anyforgetfulloser, I'm posting it now instead. You're welcome. Here's what you'll need:
Start by putting 1 cup of brown sugar into a mixing bowl (incidentally, that's my Le Creuset mixing bowl which fell off the draining rack this time last week and smashed all over the floor. It took a chunk of the tile with it. We're SO not getting our security deposit back *sigh*):
Then add two eggs:
And 2/3 cup of vegetable oil:
Mix it all together with a fork...
Until... (I apologise if this photo makes you feel motion sick. It does it to me a little as well...)
Smooth!
Meanwhile, dump 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder into a sifter:
Add 1 cup of self raising flour:
And 1 cup of plain flour:
Then sift it all in on top of the egg/sugar/oil goop:
Once it's all sifted in, add 2/3 cup dark chocolate bits and 2/3 cup white chocolate bits:
Mmmmmm, chocolate...
Ahem. Mix the chocolates through gently:
Then knead to form a light dough. I've found that punching it does much the same as kneading and is the better option if you've had a bad week at work. Apparently I'd been having a bad week in February 2010...:
Grab chunks of dough (I'm sorry, I know that looks really disgusting. You can use a spoon if you want?):
And roll them into balls:
Bake at 180 degrees C for 12 minutes:
Leave them to cool on the tray for five minutes, then put them on a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy! (I doubled it from the original recipe. It should make 32 cookies. Mine usually makes 30 because I have no self control and eat chunks of the dough...)
Off to trawl through my photos and make sure I haven't forgotten anything else,
K xx
Oh My Gosh! YUM I'm totally looking forward to making these. Thanks for posting :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me realise that I hadn't actually posted them a year ago!!
ReplyDeleteThose look amazing! I'm so hungry right now!
ReplyDeleteyuuuum!! i was going to cook a chicken & veg pie for sunday lunch tomorrow...& i think i might've found whats for dessert!
ReplyDelete